11 March 2017
450 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, Stati Uniti
Advanced Deep Learning with Python
Improve your deep learning skills building complex models with Python, Keras and Tensorflow.
The workshop is meant to introduce you to the concepts of deep learning and provide a solid base to build deeper knowledge in the field. You will learn:
- Review of fundamental deep learning architectures (Fully Connected, Convolutional, Recurrent)
- Build and train a model with Tensorflow / TFLearn
- Build and train a model with pure Tensorflow
- Online training / continuous training
- Custom architectures and loss functions
- Review of famous architectures (Inception, Wavenet)
- Setting up a machine for advanced deep learning / serving a model
The workshop is conceived to maximize the learning experience for everyone and includes 50% theory and 50% hands-on practice.
Is lunch provided
Yes! Lunch is included.
Are there any prerequisites?
Previous experience programming in Python or in other languages is advised to make best use of the workshop. Additionally, familiarity with machine learning and deep learning is necessary.
In the last 2 years Python has become a de-facto standard in data science and is widely adopted by most major companies. Reasons for this success include:
- large set of mature data science libraries => most needs covered
- worldwide community of enthusiasts => get help when you need it
- easy to learn, read and write => start contributing immediately
- supports both functional and object-oriented coding => versatile and powerful
- full stack programming language => easier interaction between data scientists and software engineers
There are many open source Deep Learning libraries. Tensorflow is backed by Google and is quickly becoming one of the most used libraries in the fields. It has a large and growing community of users and it is versatile and easy to learn.
The course is lead by Francesco Mosconi. Ph.D. in Physics and Data Scientist at Catalit LLC, he was formerly co-founder and Chief Data Officer at Spire, a YC-backed company that invented the first consumer wearable device capable of continuously tracking respiration and physical activity. Machine Learning and python expert he also served as Data Science lead instructor at General Assembly and at The Data incubator.
This course is part of a 3-weekends series covering machine learning and advanced deep learning. Check it out!