25 February 2017 9:00 - 5:00
450 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, Stati Uniti
Intro to Deep Learning with Python
Learn what deep learning is and learn to use open source software like Python, Keras and Tensorflow to build deep learning models on real world data.
The workshop is meant to introduce you to the concepts of deep learning and provide a solid base to build deeper knowledge in the field. You will learn:
- Fundamentals of deep learning theory
- How to approach and solve a problem with deep learning
- Build and train a deep fully connected model with Keras
- Build and train a Convolutional Neural Net with Keras on a cloud GPU machine
- Build and train a Recurrent Neural Net with Keras on a cloud GPU machine
- Application to Image processing/Text processing
The workshop is conceived to maximize the learning experience for everyone and includes 50% theory and 50% hands-on practice.
Is lunch provided
Yes! Lunch is included.
Are there any prerequisites?
Previous experience programming in Python or in other languages is advised to make best use of the workshop. Additionally, some familiarity with machine learning is necessary.
In the last 2 years Python has become a de-facto standard in data science and is widely adopted by most major companies. Reasons for this success include:
- large set of mature data science libraries => most needs covered
- worldwide community of enthusiasts => get help when you need it
- easy to learn, read and write => start contributing immediately
- supports both functional and object oriented coding => versatile and powerful
- full stack programming language => easier interaction between data scientists and software engineers
The course is lead by Francesco Mosconi. Ph.D. in Physics and Data Scientist at Catalit LLC, he was formerly co-founder and Chief Data Officer at Spire, a YC-backed company that invented the first consumer wearable device capable of continuously tracking respiration and physical activity. Machine Learning and python expert he also served as Data Science lead instructor at General Assembly and at The Data incubator.
This course is part of a 3-weekends series covering machine learning and deep learning.
Check it out!